Need a Badam Halwa Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Badam Halwa Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Badam Halwa recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Badam Halwa recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Badam Halwa Recipe:
1 cup almonds
¾ cup sugar (you can reduce by 2 tbsp)
2 pinch of saffron (optional)
⅛ tsp. cardamom powder
¾ cup milk (vegans can use water)
4 tbsp ghee or 2 to 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
few drops of rose water (optional)
1. Wash and soak badam in lot of water for 4 hours. peel off the skin and rinse them. If you have blanched almonds, you can skip this step and soak them for about 2 to 3 hours.
2. Blend badam, sugar, cardamoms, saffron with milk or water to a smooth paste
3. Heat a nonstick pan or heavy bottom pan, add half of the ghee, add the ground paste and cook till the halwa thickens, constantly stirring otherwise it will get burnt
4. In between add few tsp ghee in intervals and stir
5. When it reaches a desired consistency , switch off and add a spoon of ghee
6. You can adjust the consistency, you can add more milk.
7. Serve with added nuts