Need a Avial Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Avial Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Avial recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Avial recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Avial Recipe:
150 gms Yam
150 gms Ash gourd
2 Raw bananas
1/2 cup Shelled peas
1 cup Sour curd
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Few Curry leaves
1/4 cup Coconut oil
Salt to taste
For Curry Paste:
6-7 nos Green chillies
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1. Grind together the coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to make a fine paste, adding very little water.Mix the curd to the ground paste and keep aside.
2. Peel and chop all the vegetables into 3-inch lengths.
3. Cook the vegetables separately with very little water in a heavy-bottomed vessel.
4. Mix all the cooked vegetables together with salt and turmeric powder.
5. Add the paste and heat through, taking care to prevent curdling.
6. Add the 1/4 cup coconut oil and curry leaves and mix well. Do not heat.
7. Serve hot with rice.