Recipe for Appam
Need a Appam Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Appam Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Appam recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Appam recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Appam Recipe:
1 cup soaked rice
3 Tbsp grated coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cooked rice
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1. For Appam, in a deep bowl take cooked rice, add grated coconut and soaked rice. Blend it well into a smooth paste. Keep it overnight for fermenting.
2. To the fermented paste, add baking soda, salt, sugar and water. Blend the paste to a smooth, consistency.
3. In a small kadhai, pour 1 ladle of appam mix and move the kadhai such that the mix is spread out evenly.
4. Cover it for 1-2 minutes.
5. Let it cook until holes appear throughout appam and the edges become brown.