Recipe for Andhra Style Chicken Curry
Need a Andhra Style Chicken Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Andhra Style Chicken Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Andhra Style Chicken Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Andhra Style Chicken Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Andhra Style Chicken Curry Recipe:
Andhra Style Chicken Curry
3 Tbsp refined oil
1 bay leaf
3 green cardamom
1 small stick cinnamon
1 onion, sliced
1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp turmeric
Salt, to taste
2 cups water
2 green chillies, slit
A handful of curry leaves
2 tsp red chilli powder
2 Tbsp cashew nuts – poppy seed paste (Soak 15 cashews and 1 Tbsp poppy seed in a cup of milk for an hour. Grind it into a paste.)
2 tsp chicken masala
2 tsp kasoori methi
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp dhaniya powder
Chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
1. In a wok add refined oil. Add a bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon. Let them release the aroma.
2. Now add onions. Saute till golden brown and then add the ginger-garlic paste. Mix and add the chicken pieces. Saute till they start to color a bit.
3. Now add the turmeric and salt. Toss and add water.
4. Add the green chilli and curry leaves. Let the curry simmer.
5. Add the red chilli powder, cashew nut -poppy seed paste, chicken masala, kasoori methi, garam masala and dhaniya powder. Mix well and let the curry simmer till the chicken is cooked. Add more water if required.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.