Recipe for Amritsari Aloo Kulcha
Need a Amritsari Aloo Kulcha Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Amritsari Aloo Kulcha Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Amritsari Aloo Kulcha recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Amritsari Aloo Kulcha recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Amritsari Aloo Kulcha Recipe:
Amritsari Aloo Kulcha
For Kulcha Dough
2 cups Miada / Plane Flour
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
For Kulcha Stuffing
2 Potatoes boiled and mashed
1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
2 Green Chillies finely chopped
1 tsp Lemon juice
1/4 cup finely chopped Coriander leaves
1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
To make Kulcha Dough
1. Take plane flour in to a bowl.
2. To that add salt, yogurt, bakin powder and baking soda.
3. Add lemon juice over baking soda, you will see bubbles will start forming.
4. Now combine flour very well.
5. Then add water and start to knead this to make that in to semi soft dough.
6. After the dough is ready cover the bowl and allow it to rest for 4 to 5 hours.
To make Kulcha Stuffing
1. Boil 2 medium size potatoes.
2. Peel the skin off form boiled potatoes and mash them up.
3. Put mashed potatoes in to a bowl.
4. Spice them up with red chilli powder, onion.
5. Add coriander powder, lemon juice, green chillies, ginger paste.
6. Add coriander leaves and salt to taste.
7. Mix very well.
8. Now Kulcha stuffing is ready!
To make Aloo Kulcha
1. Divide Kulcha dough in to small golf size balls.
2. Also divide Kulcha stuffing in to small golf size balls.
3. Now flatten out the kulcha dough to make it in to about a 6″ round disc.
4. Put the kuclha stuffing and close the stffing with kulcha dough giving it a round shape.
5. Now flatten it out just like paratha.
6. Now lightly roast the aloo kulcha over hot pan form both the sides.
7. Now put the roasted kulcha on to baking tray.
8. And broil that in to oven for 3 to 4 min.
9. Serve hot!