Need an Amiri Khaman Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Amiri Khaman Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Amiri Khaman recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Amiri Khaman recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Amiri Khaman Recipe:
450 gms chana dal (split bengal gram)
25 mm (1″) piece of ginger (adrak)
6 green chillies
1 tsp soda bi-carb
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
4 tbsp oil
2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
20 garlic (lehsun) cloves , finely chopped
juice of 2 large lemons
3 tbsp powdered sugar
salt to taste
2 cups sev
2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Soak the dal for at least 6 hours.
2. Leave 4 tablespoons of dal aside and grind the rest with the green chillies and ginger.
3. Add the whole (unground) dal.
4. Add the soda bi-carb, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
5. Keep the mixture aside for at least 4 hours.
6. Spread a little mixture at a time in a thali (flat metal plate with low rim) and steam to make dhoklas. Repeat for the remaining mixture.
7. Cool and crumble.
8. Add the sugar, lemon juice and a little salt and mix well.
9. Heat the oil in a vessel and add the mustard seeds. When they stop popping, add the garlic, fry for a few seconds, add the asafoetida and fry again for a few seconds.
10. Pour this mixture on top of the crumbled dhoklas.
11. Decorate with chopped coriander, grated coconut and sev and serve.