Recipe for Aloo Posto
Need a Aloo Posto Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Aloo Posto Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Aloo Posto recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Aloo Posto recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Aloo Posto Recipe:
5 – 6 medium-sized Potatoes
2 Green Chillies
2 tbsp Mustard Oil
1 tsp Pure Ghee
1/2 tsp Onion Seeds (kalonji)
4 tbsp Poppy Seeds (khuskhus)
Salt to taste
1. Cut the potatoes into one-inch pieces and soak them in water.
2. Soak poppy seeds in one cup warm water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Now drain water and grind poppy seeds to make fine paste.
4. Heat up mustard oil in a pot till it reaches smoking point.
5. Let the mustard oil cool and then, heat it again on medium heat.
6. Mix in kalonji to the heated oil and fry it briefly.
7. Mix the chopped potato pieces and stir fry on medium heat for around 5 minutes.
8. Mix in the poppy seeds paste, and stir. Put half cup of water and stir fry on low heat till the potatoes are almost cooked. Now, mix in salt and slit green chillies.
9. Continue to stir fry for another few minutes.
10. Make sure that potatoes are completely cooked.
11. In the end, stir in desi ghee and serve hot.