Recipe for Aloo Methi
Need a Aloo Methi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Aloo Methi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Aloo Methi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Aloo Methi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Aloo Methi Recipe:
1 1/2 cup fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves (cleaned, washed and finely chopped)
2-3 medium peeled and cut into small pieces aloo (potatoes)
1 medium tomato (chopped)
1-2 flakes of garlic (crushed)
Salt To Taste
1/4th tsp turmeric powder
Red chili powder to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2-3 whole dry red chilies
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat oil and add crushed garlic and fry till brown. Add cumin seeds and dry red chilies.
2. When cumin seeds are done and chilies turn brown add salt, turmeric, chili powder and chopped tomato. Sauté foe a moment.
3. Now add potatoes and mix well. Cook till potatoes are half done on a medium flame.
4. Add methi and cook on a medium flame till done and till water is fully absorbed.
5. Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.