Recipe for Aloo Kachori
Need a Aloo Kachori Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Aloo Kachori Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Aloo Kachori recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Aloo Kachori recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Aloo Kachori Recipe:
For the Outer Layer
2 cups Refined flour
7 tbsp Cooking oil
8 drops Lemon juice
1 tsp Salt
For the Stuffing
4 (medium sized) Boiled and mashed potatoes
1/2 cup Mint leaves,chopped
1 tsp Green chilies,minced
3 tsp Dried Pomegrante seed powder
1.5 tsp Red chili powder
1.5 tsp Mango powder (amchur)
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Crushed coriander seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
1. Outer covering/pastry shell-take a big bowl and add all the ingredients listed for making outer layer.
2. Mix well and make a soft dough with cold water,cover and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Knead well and make equal size balls from the dough.
4. Stuffing- In a bowl add all the ingredients for stuffing and mix properly.
5. Make equal size balls from the mixture,slightly bigger then the dough balls.
6. Now dust the dough balls with refined flour and roll to make a medium thick poori.
7. Place the potato ball in the centre and pull and close the poori from all sides,pinch off extra dough and make a round ball and roll like poori.
8. Heat oil in a deep pan, add the kachoris on medium heat .
9. Now lower the flame after a minute and fry the kachoris on low heat from both sides till golden in colour.
10. Drain on a paper napkin to absorb the extra oil.
11. Serve with pickle or any kind of chutney.