Need a Aloo Gobi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Aloo Gobi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Aloo Gobi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Aloo Gobi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Aloo Gobi Recipe:
1 large cauliflower (phool gobhi), chopped into small florets
2 large potatoes, peeled, halved, and sliced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 tomato, chopped fine
10 stalks fresh coriander, stems and leaves separated
½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
2 green chillis, cut into fine rings
½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
1 teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
1 teaspoon coriander(dhania) powder
Salt to taste
½ cup water
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon red chilli powder (optional)
2 tablespoons tomato puree (optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan or kadhai. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Fry for a few minutes until golden brown. Finely chop the coriander stems and add to the kadhai. Add the green chillis.
2. Add the turmeric powder and fry for a minute. Now add the tomatoes. Cook a few minutes till the tomatoes are pulpy.
3. Add the potatoes. Fry for a few minutes till they are coated with the masala. Now add the cauliflower florets. Add the cumin and coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, sugar, and salt. Add water , and stir well.
4. Bring the sabji to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook about 20 minutes till potatoes and cauliflower are very tender, but not mushy.
5. Check seasonings.
6. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and serve.