Recipe for Achaari Dahi Bhindi
Need a Achaari Dahi Bhindi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Achaari Dahi Bhindi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Achaari Dahi Bhindi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Achaari Dahi Bhindi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Achaari Dahi Bhindi Recipe:
Achaari Dahi Bhindi
500 gms (approx 30 nos) Ladies finger (Bhindi)
2 tsp Chopped ginger (adrak)
3/4 cup Chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup Fresh thick curds (dahi)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
3/4 tsp Chilli powder
2 tsp Coriander (dhania) powder
4 tbsp Oil
salt to taste
For the Achaari Masala:
2 tsp Fennel seeds (saunf)
1 tsp Mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1/2 tsp Nigella seeds (kalonji)
1/4 tsp Fenugreek (methi) seeds
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the ladies finger into half and then cut them into 25 mm. (1″) pieces.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and sauté the ladies finger in it , in 2 batches. Keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil another pan and add the achaari masala to it.
4. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes till the mixture leaves oil.
5. Meanwhile whisk together the curds, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
6. Add this mixture to the pan, mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Add the ladies finger and simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Serve hot.