Need a Aam Ka Achar Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Aam Ka Achar Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Aam Ka Achar recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Aam Ka Achar recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Aam Ka Achar Recipe:
Aam Ka Achar
1 kg raw green mangoes (cut into 4-8 pieces each)
1 cup white sea/rock salt
3 tbsp aniseed/fennel seeds
1 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
3 tbsp kalonji (onion seeds)
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
5 tbsp red chilli powder
2 tsp turmeric powder
3 cups (710 ml) mustard oil
1. Sterilize and thoroughly dry a glass pickling jar.
2. Put the mangoes in the jar and cover with salt. Mix well and cover the jar tightly.
3. Leave the jar out in the sun for a week so that the mangoes soften.
4. Mix the aniseed/fennel, mustard, onion and fenugreek seeds, chilli powder and turmeric together.
5. Add this spice mix to the mangoes.
6. Heat the mustard oil till it smokes and then turn off the fire. Allow the oil to cool fully.
7. Pour this oil over the mangoes so that all the pieces are submerged. Mix well.
8. Put the tightly covered jar back in the sun for two weeks. Stir everyday to mix well.
9. Eat with stuffed parathas and yogurt or with chapatis (Indian flatbread) and any vegetable dish.