Palace on Wheels: Tariff & Overall Costs
In India, the term luxury travel is best possible with the “Luxurious Trains”. These trains give you a royal treatment and you’ll never feel that you are in a train. The ambience, the looks, furniture etc. everything is so royal in these trains. Palace on wheels gives you an experience to travel like a monarch in the regal splendor. The train consists of 14 coaches named after the great princely cities of Rajasthan. Each coach has 4 twin bed chambers well equipped with modern amenities like intercom, e-commerce, satellite phone, channel music, attached toilets, hot and cold water facility and shower. These coaches or saloons are decorated beautifully with ethnic Rajasthani paintings and wall-to-wall carpets.
Months of Operation
- October to March : Peak Season tariff applicable.
- April & September : Lean Season discounted tariff applicable. (The Train thus does not operate in the months of May, June, July & August).
|Cost per person per night on “Palace on Wheels”|
|Occupancy||Cost in USD|
|Single Occupancy||USD 670|
|Twin Occupancy||USD 500|
|Triple Occupancy||USD 450|
Tour Cost will Include
- Accommodation in the train only for seven nights / eight days.
- All daily Meals (morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner).
- English speaking guide for all sightseeing trips.
- Sightseeing tour by deluxe AC Coach.
- Travel / entrance fee at monuments / catering / conducted sightseeing parks / palaces / cultural programs / camel ride at Jaisalmer / boat ride at Udaipur / rickshaw ride at Bharatpur and for still photography. Guests have to pay for video cameras, liquor, laundry and other items.
- 50% amount is needed at the time of reservation
- Remaining 50% 60 days prior to tour starts date.
- Indian Nationals can pay in equivalent Rupee (INR) amount, at the exchange rate prevalent at the time of payment.
Mode of Payment
- Payments can be made by any Credit Card or through Swift money transfer.
In case of FITs
- 5% of ticket value 60 days (prior to departure).
- 20% of ticket value 30-59 days (prior to departure).
- 100% of ticket value between less than 30 days (prior to departure).
- In case of FIT, the guest details will have to be submitted at the time of booking. Any change in the details shall be treated as cancellation and would invite cancellation charges as applicable and the new name/s will be treated as fresh booking and will be confirmed keeping in view the wait listed bookings.
Please Note :-
- 10% Surcharge shall be levied on departure during Christmas/New Year.
- @ 3.09% Service Tax shall be levied on the tariff of Palace on Wheels.
Child Fare Policy
- Children below 5 years – free
- Half fare for children between 5 and 12 years of age
- Government service tax 2.58% is extra.NOTE:Age proof of children has to be produced at the time of issuance of tickets
In case of Group and Charter
- 10% of ticket value 60 days prior to departure.
- 100% of ticket value between 0 to 59 days prior to departure.
No show / En route termination of tour /amendment :
- No Show: No refund or adjustment will be made in case of No Show/Non-arrival of the guest in future travel will be admissible.
- En route termination of tour: Non- refund and non-adjustment for future travel will be admissible in case of termination of tour is done by the guest,
- Amendment: No charges will be levied for amended dates of tour of Palace on Wheels and amendment will be permitted once only subject to availability.
Cancellation must be advised by Fax/E-mail/Letter to Indian Horizons. Refund will be made after cancellation. Certain amount of the ticket value will be deducted as follows.
- 5% of ticket value 60 days prior to departure.
- 20% of ticket value 30 – 59 days prior to departure.
- 100% of ticket value less then 30 days prior to departure.
- Supplement for Christmas and New Year i.e. 10% on above tariff for 24 Dec and 31 Dec.