Little Known Facts about Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan, the name that doesn’t need any introduction, has enjoyed immense popularity and stardom in the silver screen since early 1970. He started his carrier as the “angry young man” of Hindi cinema and has since become one of the successful actors and prominent figures of Hindi cinema. He has won numerous awards in his career and is the most nominated performer in any major acting category at Filmfare. Other than acting he has a diversified talent in other fields too. He has worked as a playback singer, film producer, television host and presenter and even was an elected member of the Indian Parliament. Well, all these are specifics that are known to most of us but there are still many more facts that go beyond the limit of our known data. We will certainly be delighted to know some unknown and unshared facts about our most admired super hero from the Bollywood town. Read on for some little known facts about Amitabh Bachchan in the following lines.
- Amitabh Bachchan wrote his first poem when he was hospitalized in 1982. The poem got published in Dharam Yug because its editor Dr. Dharamvir Bharati, who was also a great writer, was a family friend of the Bachchans.
- He had always wished of participating in the Freedom Struggle. He loved the stories of patriotism and aspired to be a part of it.
- His favorite place at home is his bedroom where he spends time with his papers.
- He was very much touched with Abhishek’s performance in Guru. He believed that playing a complex character in Guru so competently was not an easy task for Abhishek especially at this young age. He says that his family keeps surprising him. His granddaughter wrote an easy on him when asked to write about her favorite person.
- His first pet was a silky Sydney which he lost unfortunately.
- He even wished to perform Hamlet. His father translated and dedicated Hamlet to him with the hope that he would play Hamlet.
- He used to be an athlete in school and won many trophies.
- His list of five beautiful women is Sophie Marceau, Catherine Deneuve, Gayatri Devi and her mother Indira Devi of Cooch Behar.
- He doesn’t drink tea or coffee and even avoid smoking and alcoholic drinks. He also avoids all kind of sweets and has no liking for them any more.
- Mr. Bachchan doesn’t know cooking. He tried to make omelette when he was living in New York but it was disastrous.
- Mr. Bachchan doesn’t get angry. He only acts angry if his role demands.
- Two things that he simply cannot do without are his laptop and mobile. He loves to stay connected.
- He is fond of blogging. He has a regular blogger, in fact it’s the last thing he does. He likes both blogging and Twitter. He believes that Twitter is faster but blogging is more peaceful. He has over four lac followers on Twitter.
- His idea of immortality is the works and creations of great artists. He thinks actors like (Marlon) Brando and directors like (Satyajit) Ray, Guru Dutt and Bimal Roy as immortal. He also considers his father’s works as immortal.
- He has got a wide collection of Pens including one with a Kesari-colored ink. The pens are all gifted to him.
- Mr. Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek have a liking for street foods. During the monsoons he and his son used to go out for street bhutta. He also likes egg bhurji and paratha.
- He is fond of learning various languages especially Indian. Mr. Bachchan knows little bit of Bengali, Punajbi, Gujarati and Marathi. He believes that it is never too late and would also like to learn German, French, Russian and Italian.