Lip smacking Onion Bhajiye
The Onion bhajiye are my all time favorite snack. The tongue-tickling flavor of spices and chili is amazing and it takes you to another world of flavors. Preferred by most Indians, this snack is actually anytime snack. When in India, you will find Indians craving for onion bhajiye during monsoon season and hunting for them accompanied with piping hot cup of masala chai… Aah that makes me drool already.
The ingredients and the process is very simple and easy, if you have them all in your kitchen, it’ll not take more than 5 – 6 minutes on cooking time. The result will be awesome and delicious, try them out and let us know about it…
The recipe is given below for your help:
- 1 cup Chick-Pea Flour or Gram Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 4 Large Onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 25g / 1oz finely chopped Fresh Coriander
- Cold water to mix
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sift the flour, chili, turmeric, cumin, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Now add the chopped coriander, onions, and mix well until all onion rings are coated with batter.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and wait until oil is piping hot
- Very carefully drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until the bhajis are golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve while still piping hot.
- Serve Onion bhajis with plain yogurt, coriander chutney mixed with chopped mint.