Yes, Turmeric is absolutely good for health. You must be more than confused on this particular subject. So here are few reasons why and how turmeric is beneficial for your health. Let’s just investigate on the topic and quickly check all about turmeric.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric has various health benefits as it is one of the natural and magical herbs available. It is possibly one of the most powerful and effective herbs available on the planet. Turmeric also contains numerous volatile oils like turmerone, atlantone, and zingiberene. Other constituents of turmeric are proteins, resins, and sugars. The research and numerous studies have suggested endless health benefits of turmeric. This magical herb has been used in Asia for thousands of years and forms a major part of Ayurveda. Turmeric is a great source of vitamin B6, magnesium, fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. Turmeric helps a human body to digest food faster. It reduces bloating and gas as well. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. It also treats other skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, and eczema. It helps to enhance the glowing skin.
Turmeric with Milk
- Turmeric milk has antimicrobial properties which fight against bacterial and viral infections.
- Turmeric milk is anti-inflammatory and can prevent and protect from arthritis and help heal stomach ulcers.
- Turmeric with milk helps in treating illnesses related to the respiratory system since the spice heats up your body and provides quick relief from lung congestion and sinus.
- Turmeric milk helps to cure arthritis and treat swelling, it enhances glowing skin, helps reduce acne, acts as a blood purifier, detoxifies the liver, improves digestion and promotes weight loss.
Turmeric with Black Pepper
- Adding black pepper and turmeric to your regular diet can greatly improve your health in many ways. The piperine found in black pepper can activate production of TRPV1, which can reduce pain.
- It plays an important role in preventing breast cancer.
- Black pepper improves the bioavailability of turmeric as turmeric when consumed orally has poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and the intestinal wall.
- This mixture tackles obesity, helps manage diabetes, prevents cancer and consist of anti-inflammation properties.
- Turmeric leaves acts as an antiseptic; it helps to heal the wounds, enhances smooth and glowing skin, and cures legs bumps.
- Turmeric leaves are also used as food coloring and as a basic ingredient in curry powders.
- Turmeric leaves are purported to improve digestion and reduce gas and bloating.
- Turmeric leaves are used to prepare capsules and tablets form in antioxidant preparations, which help scavenge harmful free radicals.
- Turmeric leaves have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help it alleviate osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, as per the research.
Turmeric with Honey
- The mixture can be used for fighting bacterial and viral infections; it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and boosts the immune system.
- It improves digestion and cures almost all stomach infections and problems associated with it, it relieves seasonal allergies, solves respiratory problems, heals wounds and improves the functioning of the brain.
Turmeric with Hot Water
- Having turmeric with hot water every morning will help you to lose weight, it will help you to improve digestion, make you look beautiful and young.
- It will Protect your body from infections, aids heart health, has anti-cancer properties, reduces inflammation and helps to detoxify the body.
Turmeric with Tea
- It reduces symptoms of arthritis, it boosts immune function due to its anti-oxidants anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties.
- Several studies have proved that it is beneficial for heart health and improves cardiovascular activities.
- Helps manage irritable bowel syndrome, protects against liver damage gallstones and improves liver health.
- Maintains blood sugar level.
- Turmeric powder protects against certain liver diseases, helps maintain blood sugar level, promotes weight loss, and fights against a chronic cough.
- Also, turmeric powder is a great pesticide. Sprinkle turmeric (powder) water near all the entry points of your house to ward of insects, ants, and termites.
- Turmeric powder is considered as a symbol of purity, prosperity, and fertility.
- Turmeric powder holds an important place in Indian weddings. Turmeric paste is applied to the Indian bride and the groom as part of the haldi ceremony just before the wedding day to give them fresh glowing skins and to ward off the evil eye.