Tamarind works wonders beyond the tangy flavor and enhancing the taste of your dish. Is tamarind good for skin too? Yes, there are many benefits of tamarind for your skin and it is widely used for skin care and treatment. Tamarind is a rich source of essentials nutrients such as vitamin A, C, and other antioxidants which fight against skin problems. In this article, let’s find out why is tamarind good for your skin.
Is Tamarind Good for Your Skin?
Don’t we all dream about soft, smooth, and glowing skin? And tried all the possible home remedies, but it just doesn’t seem to work. Well, tamarind contains numerous skin-friendly compounds that promotes skin health.
- Tamarind produces alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) which is found in most skin care products, such as lotions, creams, ointments, soaps and scrub.
- Tamarind fruit pulp contains different types of AHAs which increases collagen production. Collagen is a skin protein that inhibits the formation of wrinkles, fine lines, and skin sagging.
- Tamarind makes effective humectants and locks the moisture of the skin. As a result, prevents your skin from dryness and peeling.
- Tamarind is traditionally used to lighten the skin tone. Its mild acid content reduces acne marks, blemishes, and even freckles.
- Tamarind is a house of antioxidants, vitamin C and A which help fight against the free radicals.
- Tamarind soothes skin irritation and inflammation. It also reduces dark spots, acne, pimples, skin eruptions, and pigmentation.
- Tamarind has the ability to loosen and remove dead skin cells from the surface.
- Tamarind delays the signs of aging and rejuvenates the skin. Thus, enabling younger-looking, soft and smooth skin.
- Vitamin C in tamarind is an excellent source of skin care. It protects the skin from smoke, dust and pollution.
- Tamarind contains vitamin E that smooths skin and promotes a healthy glow. It helps in rapid healing of wounds and bruises.
- Tamarind helps in getting rid of dark circles and protects the skin from burning due to harsh rays of sun.
Uses of Tamarind for Skincare
- For Instant Glow: Mix one spoon of tamarind pulp, 2 spoon of gram flour, one spoon of honey and apply this mixture on your skin. Keep it for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water to get a glowing skin
- As Face Scrub: In one spoon of turmeric pulp, add one spoon of sea salt and milk cream. Scrub your face with this mix to exfoliate the dead skin.
- As Body Scrub: Take two spoons of tamarind pulp, one spoon of lemon juice, half a spoon of baking soda, a spoon of sugar, and mix them well. Rub this mixture to your skin, it is the best recipe for acne-prone and oily skin.
Tamarind is indeed filled with many benefits and provides a healthy glow to your skin. It will surely help you get rid of scars, pigmentation, or that annoying pimples. Get tamarind to do the work for your skin and flaunt it beautifully.