Is it time to introduce solid food to your baby? Looking for most suitable food for their diet? Look no further, we have got it covered for you. Rich in carbohydrates and multivitamins, sweet potato is one of the best baby’s first food. Now, the questions arises, why is sweet potato good for your baby? what is the right time to introduce sweet potato to your baby? Can baby eat sweet potato everyday? and so on. Keep reading to find out all answers to your questions.
Why is Sweet Potato Good for Your Baby?
- Sweet potato contains adequate amount of vitamin A and beta-carotene that are essential for the healthy development of eyes of the baby.
- Do not worry about introducing sweet potato to your baby as it has low fat content and are cholesterol free.
- Apart from vitamin A, sweet potato is also a rich source of other vitamins, including vitamin C, E, K, and vitamin B1 to B6 and B9. Therefore, it meets your baby’s daily requirements of vitamins.
- Vitamin C is an powerful antioxidants that boosts the body’s defense mechanism and fights against common infections, like common cold.
- A combination of vitamin A, C, and E in sweet potato strengthens the immune system and keeps the baby healthy.
- The vital nutrients present in sweet potato, helps the baby in the development of different body organs.
- Minerals are also abundantly found in sweet potato, namely calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc. These minerals enhance metabolism of various processes in the body.
- When you introduce solid food to your baby, there are chances of developing constipation. Sweet potato, on the other hand, contains good amount of fiber, which accelerates bowel movements and keeps constipation at bay.
- Sweet potato also contains iron that improves the blood and its vessels.
When Can Babies Have Sweet Potato?
The right time to introduce solid food to your baby, particularly sweet potato, is after six months of age. Sweet is a good solid food for infants for early starters. Make a smooth sweet potato puree, and you give them two or three times a week.
Can Baby Eat Sweet Potato Everyday?
As the food is sweet, you shouldn’t let your baby be addicted to sweet flavors and grimaced for savory ones. In addition to it, your baby needs to get boarder spectrum of nutrients from different food, rather than just one. So, you can give different food suitable for infants, along with sweet potato.
These were some of the benefits of sweet potato for your baby. Sweet potato is absolutely easy to make, you can do it by just baking, steaming or boiling the sweet potato, and then mash it. Also, you can add other food like apples, peas, bananas and carrots.