Yes, radish is great for your eye health. But how is radish good for your eyes? Is that what you are confused about? So don’t worry, this post will clear all your confusion and help you to conclude better. Radish is one of the most common vegetables in India. Radishes are a crisp, peppery vegetable. Many of us dislike this vegetable due to its weird smell. But it provides endless benefits to your health. So dig into the article and find out the reasons and how “is radish good for your eyes?”
Is Radish Good For Your Eyes?
- Radishes are great for eye health, as they have a carotenoid known as lutein found in most cruciferous vegetables. Lutein helps protect against age-related diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
- There are no such magical foods available for your eyes but you can naturally improve your eyesight in various ways and eating radish is one of those ways.
- Radish is a good source of vitamin A which helps in boosting the eyesight. It is the deficiency of vitamin A that leads to various types of visibility disorders like cataract and even blindness. When a person keeps away from the consumption of vitamin A for a long period of time, it is the photoreceptors in the eyes that start deteriorating. It is only with the consumption of enough vitamin A that this process of photoreceptor destruction can be restored. While you can go ahead with the intake of enough multivitamins, but radish is the best source of taking in vitamin A.
- Other than the Vitamin A present in radish, it contains other nutrients as well which are incredibly beneficial to your eyes.
- This includes Vitamin E and Vitamin C. These vitamins help in reducing the risk of eye diseases.
- Diseases like macular degeneration and cataract can be avoided by eating a radish.
- While cataracts are known as the creation of a thin layer over the lens leading to foggy vision, macular degeneration in which the macula i.e. the central area of the retina starts breaking down leading to blurred vision. None of these two conditions is rare but radish helps in fixing them easily.