Known for its unique feature and delicious taste, each seed of pomegranate holds a number of health benefits. Moreover, it is one of the best fruits for the well-being of your heart. Do you know why is pomegranate good for your heart? Many researches have conducted to find the reasons and relation of pomegranate for keeping your heart healthy. In this article, we have compiled those reasons for you to understand easily. Read on.
Why is Pomegranate Good for Your Heart?
- Pomegranate regulates an ideal flow of blood in the body, which thereby reduces the risks of heart attack and stroke.
- Pomegranate is the powerhouse of antioxidants, including tannins and anthocyanins, which prevent the formation of fatty deposits in the arteries.
- These antioxidants also protect the body cells against free radicals and reduce the chances of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Pomegranate guards the lining of blood vessels that is the delicate endothelial cells and maintain the vascular function in aging adults.
- Studies say, pomegranate has potential to reverse the symptoms of cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension, coronary artery disease, a history of stroke, and atherosclerosis.
- Pomegranate contains compounds known as punicalagins which are powerful antioxidants and have ant-inflammatory properties. These compounds reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the blood vessels.
- Pomegranate is good for blood pressure as well. Abundance of antioxidants, prevent the growth of undesirable muscles in the blood vessels which may increase the blood pressure.
- Apart from the antioxidants content, pomegranate enhances the bioavailability of nutrients, particularly the action of nitric oxide.
- Pomegranate stimulates the action of nitric oxide which prevents oxidation of LDL cholesterol, formation of clots in the arteries, and thus lowers the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Pomegranate protects against heart blockage, heart attack and heart failure as it lowers the LDL cholesterol, clear any clots in the arteries, make the blood thinner, and hence ease the flow of blood.
Is Pomegranate Juice Good for Heart Health?
Yes, pomegranate juice improves your heart health. It lowers blood pressure, regulates cholesterol level, reduces plaques in arteries, and cuts the risk of heart diseases. Drinking pomegranate juice regularly will help maintain a good blood flow to the heart.
There are indeed innumerable benefits of pomegranate for your heart. You can simply eat the fruit or gulp its juice. Pomegranate not only promotes a healthy heart, but also reverses atherosclerosis. Additionally, the antioxidants present in pomegranate are found to be more beneficial than the one in grape juice, blueberry juice, red wine, vitamin C, and vitamin E. A healthy heart promises well-being of the entire body.