Beautiful and glowing skin are what everyone desire for. Tried and tested all home remedies but all go in vain. So, what do we do now? How about trying olive oil? Is olive oil good for your skin? Yes! Popularly called as ‘liquid gold’ in ancient times, olive oil are one of the best ingredients for improving the health of your skin. In this article, you’ll the reliable benefits of olive oil for your skin.
Why is Olive Oil Good for Your Skin?
- Olive oil is a rich source of vitamins, including A, D, E, and K, which are essential for your skin.
- Presence of antioxidants in olive oil, reverses the ill effects of free radical that leads to cancer and premature aging of skin.
- The appearance of wrinkles and fine lines can be delayed by using olive oil.
- Olive oil has antibacterial properties and creates a hostile environment of the bacteria that cause acne.
- Olive oil alone can be used to hydrate and moisturize the skin, if you are suffering from sunburn.
- The vitamin E in olive oil protects the skin from harmful environmental factors.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of olive oil keep the skin healthy by treating infections, acne, and skin diseases like psoriasis and skin cancer.
- Olive oil is good for sensitive skin; it treats rashes and blisters caused by chemicals and is the best alternative of makeup removal products.
- Olive oil acts as an exfoliating agent, which removes dead cells, and even be used to scrub your lips.
- Known for its moisturizing effect, olive oil makes the skin smooth, and even helps heal cracked heels.
- Massaging your face with olive oil can promote the elasticity of your skin.
- Olive oil is good for dry skin, especially in winter, as it removes dryness, scaliness, and reveal the skin underneath.
- Olive oil has non-sticky and light texture which are suitable for all skin types, including oily skin.
- A mixture of lemon and olive oil helps you get get rid of pigmentation and dark circles.
How to Use Olive Oil for Your Skin?
- Olive Oil for Skin Whitening: Mix one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of milk with one ground cucumber to form a smooth paste. Apply it on your face, leave it for 20 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.
- Olive Oil for Pigmentation: Mix one tablespoon each of olive oil, oat flakes, and milk to form a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and body skin, leave it for 15-20 minutes, and rinse with water. You can do this before going out in sunny days.
- Olive Oil for Acne: A combination of lemon juice and olive oil is good for acne prone skin, and even treats the acne scars. In two tablespoons of olive oil, add few drops of lemon juice and massage your face with this mixture for a minute. Let it settle for 5-10 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
So, if you are looking for remedies to get a glowing skin, you need not look further, this one treats everything. From aging signs to lightening the skin tone, olive oil is indeed good for all skin problems. Go grab it to get your most desired healthy skin.