Mustard oil is one of the best and most effective easily available oil that can take care of your hair health. But how is mustard oil good for your hair? Your hair faces lots of problems due to several factors. Some of the common hair problems are hair loss, unhealthy hair, day hair, dull hair, dandruff, itchy scalp, graying of hair and so on. And mustard oil might just help you curb all these problems. Do you know why is mustard oil good for your hair? It is the powerhouse of vital nutrients required for the upkeep of your hair. So, let’s find out the benefits of mustard oil for your hair.
Is Mustard Oil Good for Your Hair?
- Mustard oil helps in preventing premature graying. Mustard oil has properties to restore your original hair color. It is advisable to use this oil to massage your hair regularly. Not only will your hair be protected from early onset of grey hair, but you will also be able to avoid harmful, chemical-rich hair colors.
- Mustard oil helps to boost your hair growth. As it contains large amounts of vitamins, minerals, calcium, iron, fatty acids etc. All these properties promote hair growth. It is also a rich source of beta-carotene which then gets converted into Vitamin A which provides nourishment to your scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Mustard oil protects your hair from sun damage.
- Mustard oil is known to prevent hair fall. Mix equal quantities of olive oil, coconut oil, and mustard oil and massage it on your scalp. Leave it on for a few hours and wash off thoroughly using a mild shampoo. Repeat this process at least twice a week, and be surprised by the results.
- Mustard oil makes your hair look healthy, smooth and shiny.
- Mustard oil is known to have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Severe scalp infections and hair problems can be tackled by regular use of this natural oil, and scalp problems can be avoided from occurring as well.
- The mustard oil acts as a natural emulsifying agent.
- Mustard oil deeply conditions your hair in a natural way.