Lemon is one of the best ingredients to take care of your hair health. Your hair faces lots of problems due to several factors. Some of the common hair problems are hair loss, dandruff, itchy scalp, graying of hair and so on. And, lemon might just help you curb all these problems. Do you know why is lemon good for your hair? It is the powerhouse of vital nutrients required for the upkeep of your hair. So, let’s find out the benefits of lemon for your hair.
Why is Lemon Good for Your Hair?
- Lemon is good for hair growth due to the presence of vitamin C. It stimulates hair growth by increasing collagen production.
- Dandruff and hair fall are mainly caused by the clogging of follicles. Lemon cleanse the scalp, unclogs the hair follicle, gives you relief from dandruff.
- The antioxidants present in lemon prevents dry scalp, which eventually treats dandruff.
- As we all know, lemon is acidic in nature, which helps to tighten the hair follicles and prevent hair fall.
- The acidic property also cleans up the accumulated dust and unwanted particles from the scalp.
- The anti-fungal properties of lemon help in maintaining the scalp health.
- Lemon is also good for greasy hair as it controls the oil production of the scalp.
- By keeping the roots and the follicles healthy, lemon makes your hair stronger.
- Regrowth of hair from dormant follicles can also be stimulated with the help of lemon.
- Lemon contains a compound called limonene which protects the hair from getting frizzy or dull.
How to Use Lemon for Your hair?
- Lemon juice can be used as treatment for hair growth. Squeeze out the juice of a freshly cut lemon in a bowl and massage your scalp with it for 5 minutes. Leave it for another 10 minutes and wash it with a mild shampoo.
- Lemon juice and coconut oil is good for eliminating dandruff. This mixture treats dandruff and nourishes the scalp as well. Add few drops of lemon juice to the coconut oil and massage it into your scalp. Wash it with mild shampoo after keeping it on for half an hour.
- Lemon and honey improves scalp health while conditioning the hair. Make a hair mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and few drop of Rosemary essential oil. Apply this over the entire scalp and hair. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
- Lemon and yogurt work together to get rid of dandruff. Apply a mixture of juice of one whole lemon and 2 tablespoon of yogurt to your scalp. Keep it for 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Lemon and egg combination work incredibly in controlling oily hair. For this, mix one egg white and one tablespoon of lemon juice to form a thick hair mask. Apply this on your scalp and leave it for 10 minutes. Make sure you don’t dry out the hair and rinse with cold water.
So, now you’ll know, if lemon is good for your hair or not. Try out these methods to bring back the beauty of your. and you can flaunt it all day long.