Kiwi fruit is often underappreciated for its ‘high maintenance’ quality. Most of us think that it requires a lot of effort to eat this fruit, including the peeling and the mess it creates. But, don’t let this qualities fool you because it has abundant of health benefits that you never knew. Is kiwi fruit good for your skin? Yes, one of its important benefits includes skin care. Let take a look at the skin care benefits of lesser-known yet important fruit, kiwi.
Why is Kiwi Good for Your Skin?
- The kiwi fruit contain skin-friendly nutrients, such as Vitamin C, E, and antioxidants, which improve the and rejuvenates the skin health.
- Kiwi acts as an excellent laxative due to the presence of dietary fibers and antioxidants.
- It also aids in making your skin youthful. Abundance of vitamin E in kiwi fruit keeps the skin moisturized and regenerates the skin cells.
- With age, skin starts to loose its firmness and makes it shaggy. Kiwifruit, in turn, provides nutrients to the dermal layers and maintain its firmness.
- Kiwifruit is a rich source of vitamin C that aids in the production of collagen. It helps to keep the skin firm and fabulous.
- Kiwi promotes the healing of cuts and abrasions. Simultaneously, it prevents the skin from roughness and dryness.
- Presence of omega-3 fatty acids in kiwi prevents you from skin diseases. This component also helps to maintain healthy cell membranes.
- Oily face? Excess sebum production can lead to oily face which further adds greasiness, stickiness, acne and so on. Fret not! Kiwi works wonderfully in controlling the sebum production.
- Kiwi fruit also has anti-aging properties. Aging is mostly accompanied with wrinkles, age spots, and fine lines. Kiwi is loaded with antioxidants that cuts down the free radicals and delays these signs of aging.
- Popped-up pimples a is nightmare for every woman, it just ruins everything. Kiwi has anti-inflammatory properties that attacks the acne and pimples. Furthermore, it clears the pores to prevent acne break-outs.
- Exposure to harmful sun rays causes skin problems. Kiwi fruit contains amino acids and vitamin C that protects your skin from sun damage.
- The cooling effect of kiwifruit soothes the skin and make it beautiful.
- Kiwi is also known for skin whitening. The vitamin C helps to lighten your skin tone.
- Kiwi is an effective remedy for lightening the dark circles as well. Placing a slice of kiwi over your eyes for 10-15 minutes will do the work.
- It is not just the fruit that do wonders, the peel of kiwi is a natural exfoliant. It contains enzymes that exfoliate dead skin cells and makes your skin smooth.
Uses of Kiwi for Skin
Kiwi Face Mask: Mashes kiwi with one tablespoon of curd and apply this mixture over your face. Leave it for 15 minutes before washing. You can repeat this twice a week.
For Pimples and Acne: Make a paste of mashed kiwi and a teaspoon of lemon. Apply this paste on your face, leave it on 15-20 minutes, and wash it off.
Kiwi fruit has lots of benefits for your skin than you ever thought, isn’t it? This provides all the information on how is kiwi fruit good for your skin. making kiwi fruit a part of your diet will never disappoint your health, especially your skin. Be beautiful and stay healthy.