Jaggery is extensively used in many Indian cuisines and in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a good substitute for sugar. It also has unique health benefits and it is loaded with immense nutrients. Jaggery is considered as one of the healthiest food which can improve your health in many ways. Jaggery contains plenty nutrients and it is hyped as low glycemic sugar substitute chock which is full of antioxidants and minerals, but we reviewed the studies to find out the truth and here’s the explanation to how is jaggery good for health?
Is Jaggery Good For Health?
- Jaggery prevents constipation. It helps to activate the digestive enzymes in your body, this enhances the easy bowel movements in your body and thus keeps you away from constipation and relieve constipation.
- Jaggery acts as a natural body cleanser. In Ayurveda, it is one of the well known natural body cleansing agent, due to which it is adviced to have a piece of jaggery to help your body throw out all the unwanted waste particles. It effectively cleans your lung, stomach, intestine, respiratory tract and food pipe.
- It is also known as an effective and natural blood purifier. When consumed on a regular basis and in limited quantities, it cleanses the blood, leaving your body healthy and happy.
- By consuming jaggery regularly, you can prevent many respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, etc. Experts recommend eating this natural sweetener with sesame seeds for wonderful benefits for the respiratory system.
- It helps to detoxify your liver. It cleans your liver and flushes out all the harmful toxins present in your liver. So if you want to detoxify your liver in a natural way then go grab a piece of jaggery.
- Jaggery helps to boost your body immunity as it is a rich source of antioxidants and minerals like selenium and zinc. This, in turn, prevents your body from free radical damage.
- Due to the nutritional properties of jaggery, it boosts the resistance against infections.
- Jaggery also helps to cure anemia. It improves the total hemoglobin count in your blood. As it is a rich source of folate and iron, it makes sure that the normal level of red blood cells is maintained. This is mainly beneficial to the women who are pregnant.
- In case you experience sudden mood swings just before your period, you should eat a small piece of jaggery daily to combat symptoms of PMS since it leads the release of endorphins. These endorphins relax your body, thereby preventing premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- It is considered to provide a good source of energy. While sugar is a simple carbohydrate that gets absorbed into the bloodstream instantly and gives instant energy, jaggery is complex carbohydrate that provides energy. to the body gradually and for a longer time. This means that the levels of blood sugar do not get raised immediately.
- It also helps prevent fatigue and overcome body weakness.
- It must be something really surprising to read but yes, jaggery promotes weight loss. This is because jaggery is a rich source of potassium, which is a mineral that helps in the balance of electrolytes as well as boosting metabolism and building muscles.
- Potassium present in jaggery helps in the reduction of water retention, which helps in managing your body weight. These factors play an important role in effective weight loss, so if you’re looking to lose some unwanted pounds, include this magical food in your diet.
- Jaggery effectively works in controlling your blood pressure. It is a good source of sodium and potassium which play a vital role in maintaining the acid levels in your body. It makes sure it maintains the normal blood pressure of your body.
- Jaggery also boosts intestinal strength due to its high magnesium content. With every 10 gram of jaggery, you get 16 mg of magnesium, which is 4 percent of the daily requirement of this mineral.
- It eases the menstural pain. Due to the richness of abundant nutrients present in jaggery, it is an effective natural treatment for menstrual problems, especially providing relief from menstrual cramps.
- It helps to cool your stomach. Jaggery promotes and maintains the normal body temperature. This helps in keeping your stomach cool. Research suggests that you should be having Jaggery sharbat during summers to have a cooling effect on your body.