Fenugreek, known as Methi in Hindi, is commonly used at home, in three different forms—leaf, seeds, and powder. It is one of the important ingredients of various herbal hair products. So, the question arises—is fenugreek good for your hair? And, the most awaited answer is yes. It can give you long and lustrous hair; simultaneously treat all the common hair problems. Our hair go through under lots of damages caused by pollution, chemicals, sun rays, dust, wind and the list goes on. Here’s where fenugreek comes to your rescue. But, how is fenugreek good for your hair? Tangle up with this article to know it and tame those tresses.
Why is Fenugreek Good for Your Hair?
- Fenugreek is good for hair growth. It contains vitamin B-3 or nicotinic acid that improves the supply of oxygen in the hair follicles and roots, and thereby promotes proper blood circulation of your scalp.
- It is powerhouse of antioxidants, packed with vitamin A and beta-carotenes, which help in removing free radicals from your hair. They act as natural conditioners, hair growth stimulants, and even alleviate the production of healthy hair sebum.
- The living cells of hair are responsible for maintaining the strength of your hair, while the dead ones do nothing. Half of the composition of fenugreek comprises of carbohydrates that provide energy to the cells.
- Lack of moisture in the hair opens the hair cuticles and makes it vulnerable to damage. Fenugreek contains lecithin which provides moisture to your hair, seals the cuticles, and makes your hair look shiny.
- Fenugreek also contains a slimy substance, mucilage, which polishes your the texture of your hair, and even helps to detangle your hair.
- As mentioned earlier, methi or fenugreek acts as hair moisturizer. Therefore, it makes your hair frizz-free and fixes problems, like static hair or hair matting.
- The hair conditioning property of fenugreek also owes to its polyphenols and falvonoids content.
- Is fenugreek good for hair loss? Yes, it contains phytosterols and phytoestrogens that prevent hair loss by controlling the uneven decrease of human body hormones.
- The phytosterol in fenugreek also prevents excessive production of hair oil (sebum) and relieves the hair from dandruff and greasiness.
- Fenugreek has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that protect your scalp from infections, hair lice, and psoriasis.
- Oily scalp can lead to dandruff; fenugreek removes this dandruff while eliminating the excess oil.
- Is fenugreek good for gray hair? Premature graying or whitening of hair is a sign of lack of melanin. Fenugreek contains phenylalanine that stimulates the production of melanin and help you avoid graying of hair.
- Lack of moisture also scraps off the opened hair cuticles and leads to splits end. The moisturizing effect of fenugreek on your hair thus prevents split ends as well.
These are the benefits of fenugreek for your hair. It can cure almost all your hair problems, and leave it strong, thick, and shiny. Fenugreek is definitely one of the best remedies to resolve hair problems and make you happy.