Gaining weight might be easy but losing extra fats that mostly reside in your belly, requires a lot of effort and struggle. You tend to follow the diet plan, do extra work out, run around just to reduce to your ideal weight, but all goes in vain. Although eating oily, junk foods and overeating lead to weight gain, the source of this problem might not be ending there. Other health issues and disturbance in the function of our body can also result in gaining fat. Certain fruits and vegetables not only helps in weight loss, but also improves our body function, one of them is cucumber. Is cucumber good for weight loss? Keep reading to find out the cucumber benefits for weight loss.
Why is Cucumber Good for Weight Loss?
- Cucumber is the one of the best weight loss friendly food. It contains zero fat and absolutely low calorie.
- 95% of the cucumber is made up of water, which makes you full for longer, suppresses your appetite, and thereby controls your food intake.
- Cucumber contains negligible amount of sugar and is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, which are beneficial for your health and weight.
- Cucumber helps in flushing out the toxins from our body and relieves the bloated look around the belly.
- It is diuretic that increases the urine production and removes excess water and toxins from our body. Consequently, cucumber alleviates bloating and tighten the stomach muscles.
- Indigestion and constipation leads to accumulation of fat in the belly and eventually make you gain weight. Thanks to its high water and fiber content, cucumber prevents such issues and balances your weight.
- Due to zero fat content and low calorie, cucumber makes the best food to satisfy your cravings for snacks, and won’t increase your fat intake.
- Overweight is associated with the increased risks of diabetes and heart disease. Presence of saponins and flavonoids in cucumber imparts anti-glycemic and cholesterol-lowering effects. Therefore, they help in balancing both blood sugar level and cholesterol level.
How to Eat Cucumber for Weight Loss?
- Cucumber Salad for Weight Loss: Cut the cucumber into slices, squeeze a lemon over it, and sprinkle some salt to savor its taste. You can also pair it with slices of tomatoes, carrots, and beets.
- Cucumber Water for Weight Loss: It is basically cucumber infused water and contains only two ingredients, cucumber and water. Put slices of cucumber in water and top with ice. Leave it for half hour (or leave it overnight) to marinate and you can sip it.
- Cucumber Juice for Weight Loss: Foe this, in a cup of water, add chopped cucumber, squeeze juice of a lemon, add a tablespoon of grated ginger, few coriander leaves, two tablespoon of aloe vera and blend it all together. You can drink this juice once in a day.
Well, it turns out that cucumber is good for fat loss and doesn’t make you gain either. It is famous for salads and doesn’t make you grin to add it in your diet. You can simply eat the slices of cucumber or sip its juice to keep the extra fat at bay.