We all long for a young healthy glowing skin and try to keep it as glowing as ever. You must have tried many remedies to get of skin issues too. Coriander is another rapidly entering on the list of skin remedies. But, how is coriander good for your skin? Coriander is considered to be beneficial for skin because of its vital nutrients content. The coriander leaf, seeds and juice work wonders on your skin. Delve into this article to reap the benefits of coriander for your skin.
Why is Coriander Good for Your Skin?
- Coriander is a natural antiseptic and anti-fungal agent. Hence, it helps in treating several skin issues, like dermatitis and eczema.
- Coriander also helps in treating small pox as it possesses anti-microbial properties.
- Rich in powerful antioxidants like vitamin C, coriander fights against free radicals from damaging the skin.
- Coriander contains vitamin A that maintains the mucus membrane of the skin.
- These vitamins in coriander delays the signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, and pigmentation.
- The detoxifying properties of coriander soothes and cools the skin.
- Simply applying a paste of coriander and lemon juice can help you get rid of acne and blackheads.
- Coriander is really good for oily face as it has the tendency to absorb excess oil from the face.
- Presence of vital vitamins and minerals in coriander can restore the elasticity of the skin.
- One of the best coriander benefits for your skin is the ability to rejuvenate and replaces the cells of the skin.
- Coriander is good for skin whitening as it removes the dead skin cells and lighten the skin tone. It also acts as a lip balm and help you bid goodbye to dark lips.
How to Use Coriander for Your Skin?
- Coriander Leaves for Skin: Sprinkling coriander leaves will enhance the aroma of your dish and applying it on your face will make it smooth. Blend a handful of fresh coriander leaves with half cup of oatmeal, quarter cup of milk, and quarter cup of chopped cucumber. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it, until dried. Then, rinse with water.
- Coriander Juice for Skin: A combination of coriander juice and lemon juice helps in treating blackheads and acne. This mixture works perfectly for lightening your lips too. You can even apply the coriander juice on your face to get rid of oily skin.
- Coriander Seeds for Skin: A paste prepared from ground coriander seeds and aloe vera gel is good for rejuvenating your skin cells, This also helps in reducing wrinkles.
- Coriander Oil for Skin: It can be used as a lip balm or you can simply apply coriander oil all over your body to treat sunburns, wounds and scars.
It sums up that the work of coriander doesn’t just limit in your kitchen to send out fresh aroma of dish. Coriander is one of the best remedies for your skin to stay beautiful. So, extract the benefits and get a glowing skin now!