Is your cup of coffee in the morning making you wonder, “is coffee good for you?” Are you aware of the numerous health benefits of coffee? When this article ends, you’ll surely want to stack up your kitchen shelves with coffee. But, remember that an excess of anything has never been good. So, balance it and before consuming it find out the good things about coffee.
Why is Coffee Good for You?
There are a number of reasons to explain why is coffee good for you. It is not only warm and energizing but also healthy if taken in the right amount. Impressive amount of antioxidants is found in coffee and studies have showed that coffee provides more antioxidants in the diet than any food group. Let’s discuss the benefits of coffee that actually makes it good for you.
- It lowers the risk of several diseases: It is mainly due to the presence of antioxidants, caffeine and lower cholesterol. It boosts your immune system and lowers the blood pressure level thus lowering the risks of heart diseases. Consumption of coffee has also been linked to reduced risks of Parkinson’s disease, type 2 diabetes, liver cancer and kidney stones. The caffeine content is responsible for frequent urination and it decreases the excess of calcium and sodium which forms the kidney stones.
- It increases the energy levels: Many people prefer to drink coffee or eat coffee beans before a workout. There is an important logic behind it. The caffeine in coffee blocks adenosine which is responsible for drowsiness. This boosts your energy levels and gives you the ability to workout more. Coffee beans also reduces the soreness of muscles. Isn’t this a great way to achieve your desired muscles and body?
- It also helps in weight loss: This is something that every health freak will love. Coffee not only makes you work out more, but also makes you fuller for longer. This decreases your hunger and leads to less intake of food. More energy level and less intake of food definitely helps in losing those extra fats that are making your belly bulge. As mentioned earlier, excess exercise and excess intake of coffee will be of no help if you balance your diet or your workout plan.
- Is coffee good for your brain? Yes, it is. Coffee is filled with lots of biologically active compounds like caffeine, chlorogenic acid, trigonelline, cafestol and kahweol. These compounds affects the nervous system in many ways. Caffeine promotes the nervous system and increases the brain function. This also you more alert and active. According to studies, coffee improves the short-term memory, which cuts the risks of developing Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- Coffee is good for your skin and hair too: Who doesn’t want to look good? Everyday, we are surfing pages across the internet to find effective beauty tips to make our skin appear healthier and our hair shinier. Guess what, coffee has the properties to make all these happen. Caffeine in coffee fight free radicals which is responsible for premature skin aging. It also soothes inflammation and redness in your skin. Thus, it makes you look healthier with zero wrinkles and fine lines. For hair, coffee stimulates the hair roots which improves the health and texture of your hair. It also cures hair loss and unbreakable hair is easily manageable. Coffee is also used in hair loss treatment.
Wasn’t it the long list of benefits that you can get from coffee. Nothing makes us more happy than the foods or drinks that taste good and provide number of benefits. Coffee is definitely one of them. So, consume a balanced amount of coffee and you are good to go. More energy makes you more productive, coffee gives you this energy and does not fail your healthy living.