Yes, eating carrots or drinking carrot juice will definitely improve your vision. You must be more than confused on this particular subject. I have done a lot of research to solve your confusion which will help you conclude better. So let us investigate and check the benefits of carrot for eyes and is carrot good for eyes? And see if carrot lives up to the hype which benefits your eyesight.
How are Carrots Good for Eyes?
- Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A which is essential for maintaining healthy eyes. This property of carrot keeps your eyes healthy and promote good vision.
- Vitamin A helps protect the surface of the eye and contributes to strong vision.
- Beta-carotene, which is found in carrot gives carrot their attractive and bright orange hue, that helps the retina of your eye and other parts of the eye to function smoothly.
- Carrots are also a good source of lutein. Lutein is an antioxidant that protects the eye from the harmful light and its rays.
- The research says that lutein was linked to a reduced risk for macular degeneration, an eye disorder that causes loss of vision.
- Carrot contains most important antioxidants which help in protecting your eyes and improving your eyesight.
- Drinking carrot juice can ward off various eye disorders, such as macular degeneration, cataracts, and blindness, which will promote healthy eyes.
You must really add carrots to your daily diet. As carrots are designed for eye health, they deserve some place in your diet. Other than that it is a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E, all of which support eye health and keep your eyes healthy.