Ulcer can be really a pain in the.. stomach. It can reoccur, become a serious problem, or even lead to several complications, like bleeding. You need to stick to certain diet and medications to get over it. Certain foods can give you an immediate relief and you may be able to treat it naturally. One of these foods is cabbage. But, how is cabbage good for stomach ulcer? Due to the presence of essential nutrients, cabbage helps in the treatment of stomach ulcer. Delve into this article to find out the benefits of cabbage for stomach ulcer.
Why is Cabbage Good for Stomach Ulcer?
- Cabbage is a good source of lactic acid that increases beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract and keeps the harmful ones away from causing ulcer.
- The lactic acid in cabbage help maintaining a healthy balance of the gut bacteria, and thereby relieves from ulcer.
- Cabbage also contains vitamin C that lowers the gastric juice of ulcer patients.
- Cabbage constitutes powerful substances, such as L-glutamine, S-methylmethionine, glucosinolates and gefarnate that help in healing the mucous membranes lining of the stomach and the digestive tract.
- Adequate amount of S-methylmethionine is found in cabbage, which is also known to have protective effect on your liver.
- The glucosinolates content of cabbage prevents ulcer by controlling Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
- Another powerful substance, gefarnate in cabbage protects the stomach lining from damage, which cures ulcers and stomach disorder.
- Abundance of amino acid glutamine in cabbage nourishes and repairs the gastrointestinal linings, and therefore contributes in ulcer treatment.
- Cabbage effectively helps in maintaining the pH balance of the stomach. It has been found to heal acid reflux, ulcer in the oesophagus, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and even gastritis.
- Cabbage also has anti-inflammatory properties that calm the stomach disorder and prevent internal bleeding due to stomach ulcer.
Consumption of Cabbage for Stomach Ulcer
Is cabbage juice good for stomach ulcer? Yes, it the most recommended remedy. Drinking raw cabbage juice is the way to get relief from stomach ulcer. To make the cabbage juice, wash the cabbage properly with water, chopped it, and put in a mixer. Add water to blend, when blended strain it through the strainer, and your juice is ready. You can also toss a few drops of lemon in it. Cabbage juice is also used for treating acid reflux.
Raw, Soup, Boiled, Cooked
Cabbage can be consumed in all these forms, in any you want to get rid of the ulcer.
From increasing the good bacteria to protecting the lining of your stomach, cabbage surely heals stomach ulcer. The symptoms of stomach ulcer won’t let you eat and live in peace. So, add this in your diet and free yourself from those those time-consuming and expensive treatments to cure the stomach ulcer.