Black pepper is infamous for sneakingly disturbing your taste buds when you are enjoying your favorite pasta or some dishes. It might not cooperate well with your palate but you can definitely reap many benefits from this awful-tasting spice, including beauty benefits. Is black pepper good for your hair? Yes, black pepper works incredibly on your hair. It not only brings natural shine to your hair, but also solves serious hair issues. But, why is black pepper good for your hair. Before you grimace over its taste, read on and uncover the benefits of black pepper for hair.
Why is Black Pepper Good for Your Hair?
- Black pepper is rich in antioxidants, like vitamin A, C, flavonoids and carotenoids, which helps in treating hair problems.
- Black pepper is one of the best remedies for dandruff and even stimulates hair growth.
- The irritation effect of black pepper actually improves metabolic process on cellular level, which is beneficial for your body parts, including your hair.
- Black pepper facilitates blood flow to the hair roots, and thereby promotes its growth.
- Black pepper is good for hair fall as it strengthens the hair follicles, which prevents hair fall or breakage.
- One of the effective way to detox your scalp is using black pepper, it removes the dust and dirt that get accumulated on scalp.
- Black pepper is rich with essential minerals that strengthens and revitalize your hair to achieve naturally shiny and strong locks.
- Is black pepper good for grey hair? Yes, owing to its rich copper content, black pepper helps in preventing premature greying of hair.
How to Use Black Pepper for Your Hair?
- For Hair Fall: Mix black pepper powder with coconut oil, apply it on your scalp, let it stay for 10 minutes and wash off with mild shampoo. This concoction will make your hair strong, moisturize it, prevent it from drying, and thereby reduce hair fall.
- For Dandruff: In a bowl off curd, add a teaspoon of crushed black pepper and apply it your scalp. Leave it for 30 and wash off just with water.
- For Hair Growth: Applying a mixture of lemon and ground black pepper seeds will revitalize your hair. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cold water. This will nourish your scalp and stimulate hair growth.
- For Baldness: To prevent baldness or excessive loss of hair. Mix a teaspoon of black pepper powder with honey and apply to your hair. This is good for strengthening the hair roots.
Well, it seems that black pepper provides an impressive list of benefits for achieving your hair goals. Remember not to overuse the black pepper than the recommended amount as it might burn an and cause irritation to your scalp.