Are you suffering from constipation? Tired of being called as constipated? Wondering, is banana good for constipation? Constipation is a common health problem. It is a condition which causes irregular bowel movements and hard stools which can be difficult to pass. There are many causes of constipation, ranging from a poor diet to a lack of exercise. There are many people who are confused about banana and whether it can help to ease constipation. So this article will help you better and clear your confusion. So let’s dive into the article and explore more about banana when it comes to constipation.
Is Banana Good For Constipation?
Yes, you heard it right. Bananas are perfectly beneficial to enhance the internal track of your body and help to prevent constipation. Let us check this in detail.
- Those you suffer from constipation are often advised to increase the intake of fiber. Banana is a very rich source of dietary fibers. One medium sized banana contains about 3.1grams of fiber in it. Fiber has been considered to cure and prevent constipation. It allows the stools to pass easing and prevents them from becoming hard and keep them large.
- Besides this, the green bananas consist high amounts of resistant starch. Resistant starch is a complex carb which consists starch like properties. It escapes digestion in the small intestine and ends up reaching the large intestine, where it feeds the friendly bacteria that reside there. Feeding these bacteria is considered as a very good thing. This helps in producing short-chain fats. This improves the digestive health of your body and also helps to boost your body metabolism. This helps in easy movements of bowel and helps to pass the bowel easily, which cures constipation and prevents constipation if had regularly.
- Bananas improve digestive health and have prebiotic effects on feeding your friendly gut bacteria and stimulating their growth.
- Consuming ripe bananas in moderation can help you in many ways for constipation. They contain a large amount of pectin, which binds to the stools. It pulls out water from the intestinal tract, resulting in dehydrated stools.
- Bananas are also a good source of potassium which helps in easy movements of bowel and makes it very easy to pass the stools helping to cure constipation.
- Bananas contain a special enzyme known as fructooligosaccharide which helps in the fermentation of bananas once they enter the digestive tract of your body. This acts as a mild laxative agent which promotes healthy digestion and prevents constipation.