India, “The land of Lords” is the world’s ancient civilization. India is also the land of various cultural diversities, where you will find a beautiful contrast of customary and contemporary ingredients. It is a place where you experience spirituality and solitude together. India is a land with legendary sagas, rich rituals, distinct cultures, various festivals and ceremonies. Also a land of historical monuments, architectural miracles and rich historical past.
Let us know more about India
- 5,000 year old ancient civilization
- 325 languages spoken – 1,652 dialects
- 18 official languages
- 28 states, 7 union territories
- 3.28 million sq. kilometers – Area
- 7,516 kilometers – Coastline
- 5600 dailies, 15000 weeklies and 20000 periodicals in 21 languages with a combined circulation of 142 million.
- Worlds largest democracy.
- Worlds 4th largest economy.
- World-class recognition in IT, bio-technology and space.
- Largest English speaking nation in the world.
- 3rd largest standing army force, over 1.5Million strong.
- 2nd largest pool of scientists and engineers in the World.
- India has the largest Film Industry in the world, producing over 800 movies a year
The Manufacturing Industry in india
- Bharat Forge has the world’s largest single-location forging facility; its clients include Honda, Toyota and Volvo amongst others.
- Hero Honda with 1.7M motorcycles a year is now the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world.
- India is the 2nd largest tractor manufacturer in the world.
- India is the 5th largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in the world.
- Suzuki, which makes Maruti in India has decided to make India its manufacturing, export and research hub outside Japan.
- Hyundai India is set to become the global small car hub for the Korean giant and will produce 25k Santros to start with.
- By 2010 it is set to supply half a million cars to Hyundai Korea.
- The prestigious UK automaker, MG Rover is marketing 100,000 Indica cars made by Tata in Europe, under its own name.
- Tata Motors paid $118 million to buy Daewoo commercial vehicle Company of Korea.
- Ranbaxy, the largest Indian pharmaceutical company, gets 70% of its revenue from overseas operations and 40% from USA.
- Tata Tea bought Tetley of UK for £260M.
- India is one of the world’s largest diamond cutting and polishing centers.
- About 9 out of 10 diamond stones sold anywhere in the world, pass through India.
- Garment exports are expected to increase $25 billion by 2010.
- Wal-Mart sources $1 Billion worth of goods from India – half its apparel. Wal-Mart expects this to increase to $10 Billion in the next couple of years.
- GAP sources about $600 million and Hilfiger $100 million worth of apparel from India.
A brief history of time
- Vedic Civilization
- Indus & Saraswati Civilizations
- Rise of Jainism and Buddhism
- Mauryan Period
- Golden Age of Indian Arts & Sciences
- Muslim Invasions
- The Mughal Empire
- Portuguese Invasion
- The British East-India Company
- The British Empire
- India’s Freedom Struggle
- Modern India 2020 Vision
- India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta. The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
- Aryabhatta was the first to explain spherical shape, size ,diameter, rotation and correct speed of Earth in 499 AD.
- The World’s first university was established in Takshila in 700 BC. Students from all over the World studied more than 60 subjects.
- The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
- Sanskrit is considered the mother of all higher languages. Sanskrit is the most precise, and therefore suitable language for computer software – a report in Forbes magazine, July 1987.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka, the father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
- Today Ayurveda is fast regaining its rightful place in civilization.
- Christopher Columbus was attracted India’s wealth and was looking for route to India when he discovered the American continent by mistake.
- The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindh 6000 years ago. The word ‘Navigation’ is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH. The word navy is also derived from Sanskrit ‘Nou’.
Veda means “Knowledge” in Sanskrit. The Vedas are the oldest written text on our planet today. They date back to the beginning of Indian civilization and are the earliest literary records of the human mind. They have been passed through oral tradition for over 10,000 years, and first appeared in written form between 2500 – 5,000 years ago.
The Ancient Vedic Hymns
- Rig Veda – Knowledge of Hymns, 10,859 verses
- Yajur Veda – Knowledge of Liturgy, 3,988 verses
- Sama Veda – Knowledge of Classical Music, 1,549 verses
- Ayur Veda – Knowledge of Medicine, over 100,000 verses
- Jyotisha – Astrology and Astronomy.
- Kalpa – Rituals and Legal matters.
- Siksha – Phonetics.
- Aitareya – Creation of the Universe, Man and Evolution.
- Chandogya – Reincarnation, Soul.
- Kaushitaki – Karma.
- Kena – Austerity, Work, and Restraint.
- Dharnur Veda – Science of Archery and War.
- Mundaka – Discipline, Faith and warning of Ignorance.
- Sulba Sutra – Knowledge of Mathematics
- Yoga Sutra – Knowledge of Meditation
- Kama Sutra – Knowledge of Love and Sex