Are you bothered about wrinkles? Not sure how to use essential oils for wrinkles? Do you want to get rid of them? Are you looking for a chemical-free solution to treat wrinkles? This post has all your answers. And if you are not sure what essential oils to use for wrinkles, please refer the list below.
Before we get to the section on how to use essential oils for wrinkles, we need to understand what causes wrinkles and what can we do to avoide them.
Wrinkles are a natural part of aging and is a common dermatological complaint. Aging is inevitable. We all get old as the years pass by. But your skin is not obligated to show the signs of aging. Whether you’ve just started noticing a few fines lines or if you’ve been battling with wrinkles for years there’s plenty you can do to reduce them.
Getting rid of wrinkles with essential oils is not instant! However, with continual use it will be lasting. In most cases essential oils will begin erasing your wrinkles and fine lines if you use it regularly. When using essential oils to combat wrinkles, the best method is to use the oils as a massage oil or lotion.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the highly concentrated form of the natural oils present in plants flowers, fruits and seeds. Essential oils have been used for more than 5000 years as natural medicine & to improve the health of skin, hair and body or to make DIY recipes too.
What happens when you use essential oils for wrinkles?
Essential Oil reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by helping your body regenerate new cells at a rapid pace. Even if you don’t see dull skin or wrinkles today, you may want to consider using essential oils as a preventative measure of damage that can help in long run. Though it is true that wrinkles are inevitable but you can definitely postpone their appearance with essential oils.
What can you do to prevent wrinkles?
- Drink plenty of water everyday to keep your body and skin cells hydrated.
- When you buy beauty products read through the ingredients and contents and make sure they are alcohol free.
- Use sunscreen lotion and wear sunglasses whenever you are out in sun.
- Use facial creams containing light, natural oils
- Apply moisturizer as soon as you wash your face or take a shower.
- Don’t Over-wash your face.
- Eat healthy and nutritional food
The most popular essential oils used for treating wrinkles are
- Geranium Oil – assists in cell regeneration, which helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Sandalwood Oil – has rejuvenating properties that tightens and tones the skin
- Neroli Oil – improves circulation to help reduce wrinkles
- Lemon Oil – helps to tone and tighten the skin
- Frankincense Oil – regenerates skin cells that help to reduce sagging skin and wrinkles
- Cypress Oil – improves circulation and strengthens the skin
- Carrot Seed Oil – helps to boost immune system and rejuvenate skin cells
- Rosemary Oil – helps to tighten the skin to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Myrrh Oil – helps to strengthen the skin and improves complexion
- Sweet Almond Oil – helps to regenerate the skin and improve elasticity
- Clary Sage Oil – helps with balancing sebum production that helps to tighten pores.
- Grape Seed Oil – It is rich in lipids that protect the skin cell membrane and keeps them moisturized.
- Patchouli Oil – It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also protects from photoaging.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil – encourages new skin growth and helps to reduce wrinkles and other signs of skin aging.
If you want to know in details how to use these essential oils, read this article about Health Benefits of Essential Oils for Wrinkles.
How to use these essential oils for wrinkles?
Like we said earlier that these essential oils are a more concentrated form of the natural oil present in plants, flowers, seeds etc. These must always be used with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil etc. Below is a list of carrier oils that can be used with the above mentioned essential oils.
Carrier Oils that Can be used with Essential Oils for wrinkles
- Grapeseed Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Rosehip Seed Oil
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Argan Oil
- Olive Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Coconut Oil
Which ever essential oil you pick to fight wrinkles and the other signs of aging, you need to keep a few IMPORTANT things in mind.
- Dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil. Ideally, mix a few drops of essential oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil. Or to be precise, 12 drops of essential oils to 30 ml of carrier oils.
- Do a skin test to see if you develop any allergy or rash. To test your skin, simply apply the diluted oil to the back of your forearm or behind the ear to ensure that it does not cause any allergic reaction.
- Apply in small amounts. Essential oils are in concentrated forms and are thicker than the usual oils. So you can easily get away with the smaller amounts.
- Take special care to protect your eyes against these diluted essential oils. While applying under eyes or around eyes, keep your eyes tightly closed.
How to choose best best quality essential oils for Wrinkles?
- Purity: Find an oil that contains only aromatic plant compounds, without additives or synthetic oils. Pure oils usually list the plant’s botanical name (such as Lavandula officinalis), rather than terms like “essential oil of lavender.”
- Quality: True essential oils are the ones that have been changed the least by the extraction process. Choose a chemical-free essential oil that has been extracted through distillation or mechanical cold pressing.
- Reputation: Purchase a brand with a reputation for producing high-quality products.