How to Clean Titanium Jewelry?
Titanium is a metal which is lightweight, durable and is resistant to tarnishing hypoallergenic. All these characteristics makes titanium an ideal metal for jewelry. Titanium is a great metal selection for rings, wedding bands, body jewelry, bracelets, earrings and necklaces. here we have some simple jewelry care tips that will help you keep your titanium jewelry as good as new for many years.
Titanium is not sensitive to most chemicals; you can choose from a variety of cleaning solutions for your titanium jewelry. Prepackaged jewelry-cleaning solutions are safe for titanium jewelry, as are ultrasonic jewelry cleaners. Anodized titanium jewelry has been through a chemical process to change the color of the metal. Anodized titanium jewelry should be cleaned only with warm, soapy water. Titanium rings that have not been anodized can also be cleaned simply with soap and warm water.
There are two ways to clean a titanium jewelry either use warm water and dish soap solution or the packaged jewelry cleaning solution to clean your titanium jewelry. If you choose the packaged cleaning solution, simply follow the instructions as mentioned on the package. However if your choose to clean your titanium jewrlry with luke warm water and dish soap solution, here’s the process:
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and add one teaspoon of mild hand or dish soap.
- Place your titanium jewelry in the bowl and allow it to soak for several minutes.
- Use a soft brush to scrub the jewelry. Pay special attention to engravings and stone settings.
- Rinse your jewelry in warm water and dry it with a microfiber cloth.
- If the jewelry still looks dirty, repeat the cleaning, rinsing and drying steps.