A dress made in satin is a beautiful piece in a woman’s closet. The sheer elegance, the sheen of the fabric and the way it beautifully drapes around the body are some of the versatile features of a satin dress. A satin dress can be worn on for many occasions. Satin is created from cotton, silk, acetate, rayon, nylon and/or polyester. So at times it can be difficult to know how to clean your fabulous satin dress. The material used in your dress determines how it is to be cleaned.
- Any kind of stain or mark on a satin fabric needs to be attended immediately so that it doesn’t permanently sit there. Before you wash your dress, use stain remover to work on the stained area. Avoid removers that contain bleach or any other harmful chemical or substance. If your satin dress came with a care instruction label, read it know how exactly it is to be cleaned.
- The satin dresses which are made from silk & acetate needs to be dry cleaned. These fibers are super delicate and have to be handled with care. Giving your dress a machine wash may damage the fiber.
- All the other type of satin can be hand washed in cold or warm water with a detergent that suits delicate clothes. Turn the dress inside out and begin washing.
- Instead of machine drying your dress, let it air dry. Or you can also wrap it up in a thick dry towel to squeeze out some of the water. Then dry in in shade and not in direct sunlight, as it made fade the color.
- Iron your satin dress only if it is necessary. And if you feel it needs to be ironed, use a protective covering to avoid direct heat from the iron.