If you are looking for a stylish, classy, durable yet fashionable handbags, leather is one great option. Though they are a little expensive than the usual variety available in stores, leather handbags can last for years without loosing their shape, if handled & maintained properly. Here are some of the care instructions that you must adhere to if want to buy a leather handbag or if you’ve already bought one.
- Handle leather bags with clean hands. Leather handbags are prone to dirt, oils and grease.
- Wipe your handbag with a clean white damp cloth immediately if notice a grease stain. But, make sure you do not use too much water.
- Use cleaners which are specifically made for leather and not just any soap based solution.
- Use this cleaning solution only once or twice a year. Frequently using it may wear off or fade your handbag.
- Keep your handbag moisturized. To do so you can use leather conditioners available in the market.
- Remove stains as soon as you notice them. Or it may get difficult to remove later.
- Always rub the leather softly. Rubbing too hard can rub up, crack or damage the leather.
- If you have a light colored leather handbag, (with great care), stains can be removed using acetone (nail polish remover). But be very very careful to use the tiniest of amounts and only use feather-light rubs. Remove from the handbag as soon as the stain lifts, by wiping with a clean damp cloth.
- Store your handbags in a dust bag or natural-fabric pillowcase and stuff them bubble wrap so that it maintains the shape.