Onions, we all know this vegetable as the one which bring tears in our eyes. But, apart from this only disadvantage, there are various health benefits associated with this vegetable. These onions are full of surprising elements that work wonders on human body. Onion in any form is healthy for human body.
In Asian countries onion is included in everyday mean in one or more forms. Onion forms an integral part of curries and salads. The most common form of salad include thin onion slices, salt and few drops of lemon juice. However, most of us do not know about the actual benefits of this wonder vegetable. Read below to know about its health benefits.
Health benefits of Onion:
1. Dry onions are a surprising source of fiber and a rich source of healthy sulfur compounds.
2. The phytochemicals in onions improve the working of Vitamin C in the body, thus gifting you with improved immunity.
3. Onions help reducing inflammation and heal infections.
4. Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.
5. Raw onion encourages the production of good cholesterol (HDL), thus keeping your heart healthy.
6. Onion contain a powerful compound called quercetin which is known to play a significant role in preventing cancer.
7. Onion Juice gives an instant relief if applied on honey bee bite. It helps in reducing pain and burning sensation.
8. Spring onions or green onions are rich in Vitamin A, using them in your diet is healthy.
9. Regular consumption of onions helps to reduce incidences of osteoporosis.
10. Onions help increase digestive juices thus helps to have good digestion.