10 Likeable Things About Not So Likeable Herb
Garlic, a medicinal herb, is popular more for its not-so-likeable attributes like the unusual smell, pungent taste and foul odor it leaves behind in the mouth after eating. Garlic, technically, is neither herb nor spice. It belongs to Allium family. It is very closely related to onion, shallots, leeks and chives. Garlic has a long history to be used as the flavoring agent in most of the Asian cuisine. For more than 7000 years, humans are using this herb/ spice for flavoring salads and curries.
Garlic is one of the most valuable herb which is full of nutrition and curative properties. It has great antioxidant properties that help you maintain a good blood circulation. Following we have listed some curative properties of Garlic
- Lowers the blood pressure
- Reduces LDL cholesterol
- Prevents blood clotting and plaque clotting
- Regulates blood sugar level
- Help maintain a healthy digestive system
- Posses anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal properties
- Enhances body’s immune cell activity.
- Acts as a nasal decongestant & expectorant
- Helpful for hum oral asthma and hysteria
- Controls infections and wounds