Not sure whether to add coconut oil to your diet or not? Coconut oil is natural oil with many health benefits. It has never been bad since its existence and has always been beneficial. You must be more than confused on this subject. As per my research let me help you solve your confusion and conclude better. So let’s just investigate and see if it lives up to the hype and check the health benefits of coconut oil.
A Little Bit About Coconut Oil
Coconut palms are widely grown around the coastal parts of the world. Copra is a dried kernel of coconut which is used for the extraction of coconut oil. Copra contains about 65 to 75% of total coconut oil. For the extraction of oil from copra the common method still prevailing in our country is by using rotary chucks. But the efficient system of extraction of oil is by the use of expellers. Coconut oil is something which is used all over the world. The major production of coconut oil is done in India. Coconut oil is used as an important cooking medium in the southern part of India, especially in Kerala State. Besides this, it is majorly used in preparing soaps, hand wash, medicines, detergents, hair tonics, cosmetics, etc. It is well known as a massage oil and leaves a cooling effect on the body. While the demand for coconut oil for cooking purpose is elastic, its demand as hair oil is inelastic.
Nutritional Value of Coconut Oil
According to my research, 15ml or one spoon of coconut oil contains,
- 14 g of fats, of which 12 g is saturated, 1 g is monounsaturated, and 0.5 g is polyunsaturated
- Vitamins and Minerals-Coconut oil aren’t particularly rich in any micronutrients, although it does have trace amounts of a few. The only mineral you’ll get from coconut oil is iron, which is a nutrient that helps with oxygen transportation. Coconut oil contains a minuscule amount of vitamin K, which is a vitamin that helps your blood to clot. You’ll even get a little vitamin E, which is an antioxidant vitamin that nixes damaging free radicals and shields all cells.
- Coconut oil has an unusually high amount of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These are harder for the body to convert into stored fat, and easier to burn off than long-chain triglycerides (LCTs).
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very much beneficial to the human body. Coconut oil has always been healthy since ages, let’s get deeper into how coconut oil is good for you.
- Using coconut oil helps control sugar cravings.
- Coconut oil eases digestion and improves the health of digestive system.
- Coconut oil helps to maintain a healthy weight.
- Coconut oil boost metabolism of the body.
- It is very useful and effective for hair growth.
- Coconut oil helps to maintain the natural glow of the skin.
- Coconut oil contains a heavy amount of natural saturated fats. It is useful in improving the good cholesterol level in the human body.
- Coconut Oil contains a high amount of anti-oxidants.
- Coconut Oil can help you burn more fats.
- Coconut Oil helps to kill the harmful micro-organisms.
- Coconut Oil helps you reduce hunger and eat lesser which will promote weight loss.
- Coconut oil acts as a sunscreen.
- Coconut Oil also helps you to lose belly fat.
- Coconut Oil also acts as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic product.
- Coconut Oil contains a high amount of proteins and vitamins which helps you maintain the proper growth.
In order to add coconut oil to your diet, make sure you use organic coconut oils which will help you with endless health benefits. Add this magical coconut oil to your daily life and stay happy fit and healthier.