If you are coming on an adventure tour to Indian subcontinent then take a stop to the heritage land of Rajasthan for an exotic camel ride and take back lifelong memories. Camel safari is one of the best ways to explore the magnificent desert of Rajasthan. There are different routes to camel safari ranging from short distant easy routes to long and meticulous ones. Camel safaris can be best observed in the cities of Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Bikaner, the kingdoms of Maharajas where royal charm exists till date.
Camel safari journey will take you through the burning sand in the day time and chilling milieu in the night on camel’s back. Camel safari is a unique way to explore the rich architectural heritage of the princely state of Rajasthan. Camel safari in India offers you to explore the entire Thar Desert and let you have a glance on the lifestyle of Rajasthani people. Not only this you spend your day visiting several heritage monuments, forts, havelis, palaces etc. and nights either in luxurious heritage hotels or in thrilling camps.
Popular time for camel safari
Camel safaris are mostly organized in the months of winter, when the weather remains cool and dry. The summer months in Rajasthan are unbearably hot and dry, so going on a camel safari during the summer is impossible. November to March is the ideal time to go for a camel safari.
Things to carry
As camel safari is organized in the winter months, carrying woolen clothes are a necessary part of packing. Desert nights are very cold so it’s essential to carry lots of warm woolen clothes, jackets and sweaters on a camel safari. Though mattresses are provided by the tour organizer but it is recommended that you carry a warm sleeping bag.
Added attractions in Camel Safari
While on a camel safari, look at the glorious performances by the local folk artists. A typical Indian camel safari will bring you close to the architectural ruins of Lodurva and Sam sand dunes. The route of Shekhawati region, passing through towns of Ramgarh, Nawalgarh, Dundlod, Mandawa and Churu is also very popular route for camel safari. Camel safaris last for around 11 days.
Popular Routes of camel safaris
There are several routes to camel safari in India offering the visitors bountiful options. You can book a camel safari on a route of your choice. Following are the popular routes of camel safari:
- Architectural ruins of Lodurva – Sam sand dunes – Moolsagar
- Ramgarh – Nawalgarh – Dundlod – Mandawa – Churu
- Jaisalmer – Badabagh – Baisakhai – Ramkunda – Roopsi – Ludharva – Chatrayil – Salkha – Beri of Kanoi – Masooradi – Jeseiri – Dedha – Deegasar – Kuldhara – Moolsagar – Amarsagar – Jaisalmer
- Jaisalmer – Moolsagar – Kuldhara – Masooradi – Padiyari – Moondardi – Jaisalmer
- Bikaner – Naukh – Kanasar – Baru – Chayan – Sataya – Tadana – Mohangarh – Dungri -Jaisalmer
- Bikaner – Charkhada – Teliyan ki Dhani – Kanasar – Baru Bhala – Bungri – Telansar – Chaku – Bharaiya – Jambo – Jaisalmer
- Mandawa – Dhakas – Khotia – Mandawa