Looking for best time to visit Varanasi?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Varanasi is from October till March.
Varanasi, also known as Banaras or Benaras, is a holy town in the Northern part of Uttar Pradesh. Varanasi also happen to be one amongst the oldest and continuously populated cities in the world. The city holds lot of religious and spiritual value for Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists. The city has been an important center of religious travel in India. Each year thousands of pilgrims from around the world come here and take a dip in holy River Ganges. The sanctity of the city draws pilgrims and foreigners alike. A visit to India would be incomplete without taking in the atmosphere and the cultural ambiance that this city has to offer.
There are thousands of temples scattered across the city and the presence of ghats as well as cremation grounds gives it a unique feel. Although according to legend, the city was created by lord Shiva 5000 years ago, it is believed to be 3000 years old. Varanasi was the commercial and the industrial capital of India and was famous for its sculptures, ivory works, perfumes, and silk fabrics. Although, tourists from all parts of the world ply in almost all through the year, But the best time to visit Varanasi is from the month of October untill March. This is the place where you can see various Hindu festivities and celebrations.
- Varanasi is famous for its fine quality silk. Buy something and don’t forget to bargain.
- Beware of pickpocketers and take care of your belongs like, wallets, handbags and cameras
- Take permission before taking pictures, specifically at religious places. It’s always better to do so
- Your flip-flops or shoes might go missing from outside the temple premise.
- Do take a boat ride in Ganges during sunrise and sunset. It is an awesome experience