Best Time to Visit Sikkim
Looking for best time to visit Sikkim?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Sikkim is from March till November.
Sikkim is a very beautiful and calm hill station located in North-East region of India. The weather here is pleasant throughout the year. But one should avoid visiting Sikkim during monsoon months i.e the months of June, July and August. However, the best time to visit Sikkim is from March till May and from October till November end. Those who love heavy rainy season, June to August is a good time to experience heavy downpour.
Sikkim is located on the borders of West Bengal and is the second smallest state in India after Goa. Sikkim is famous for its treks and mountain getaways because it lies nestled in the foothills of the Himalayan ranges. Sikkim especially is a very popular destination for tourists and trekkers from around the world and the economy of this small state thrives on tourism and agriculture.
- Prefer drinking packed water
- Carry all essential medicines with you along with mosquito repellents
- Travel as light as possible
- It is highly recommended to attend at least one folk dance or drama performance while in Sikkim.
- Visit at least one Buddhist Monastery