Looking for best time to visit Rishikesh?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Rishikesh is from September till May.
Rishikesh is one of the most beautiful religious place in India. Rishikesh is located in Tehri Garhwal, the foothills of Himalayas. Tehri Garhwal region lies in the northern state of Uttarakhand, India. It is a place where the holy river Ganga emerges from mountains. The famous Char-Dham Yatra begins from Rishikesh. It is a place where natural beauty and the religious atmosphere perfectly blends together. A divine and spiritual place which is also referred as as ‘The Gateway to the Himalayas’.
Apart from religious travelers, adventure travelers too frequently visit Rishikesh. It is one of the most prominent white water rafting destination in India.The other main adventure activities include camping, bungee jumping and trekking. The popular tourist attractions of Rishikesh are the Lakshaman Jhhula (suspension bridge), Trianbhakeshwar Temple which is a 13 storey Temple and house of different deities throughout. Though pilgrims keep visiting this place all around the year, but the best time to visit Rishikesh is from September till May.
- Triveni Ghat and Lakshaman Jhhula are a must visit sites when in Rishikesh
- Females need to dress appropriately. Avoid too short and revealing dresses because Rishikesh is a religious place.
- Rishikesh is a perfect place for people looking for spiritual holidaying
- If you have enough time, do camp around Ganges and also try cliff jumping.
- Do visit Shivpuri when in Rishikesh. It is a beautiful place just at a distance of 22 kms from Rishikesh.