Best Time to Visit Ranthambor
Looking for best time to visit Ranthambor?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Ranthambor is from October till May.
Ranthambore is a very popular tourist destination in the sate of Rajasthan. The city is mainly famous for ‘The Ranthambore National Park’. The chances of spotting a tiger in the wild at Ranthambore are amongst the best in India. In contrast with many national parks in India, Ranthambore is also really accessible and easy to get to.
Another very popular tourist attraction is the Ranthambore fort. It is located in the middle of the park and is mostly in ruins; built in the tenth century, it houses three temples and towers seven hundred feet above its surroundings. The fort is a formidable affair and was the battleground for many armies in the past and holds immense historical importance. A mosque is also situated in the fort; a reminder of the Mughal rulers who once governed the place.
April, May and June are the hottest months to travel to Ranthambore.The best time to visit Ranthambore is from the month of October until May. The best time to visit Ranthambore National Park is in the month of October and May. During this time of the year you can see the greenery in full bloom.
- We highly recommend you to avoid visiting Ranthambore during summer months. It gets extremely hot at that time.
- Private vehicles are not allowed inside the park premises
- Do stop by the Ranthambore fort inside the national park. It is an interesting place to explore.
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated during summers.
- Carry sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellents and essential medicines