Best Time to Visit Pondicherry
Looking for best time to visit Pondicherry?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Pondicherry is from October till March.
Pondicherry is a potpourri of French and Indian architecture, beaches and colonial buildings. Since this was a French colony until 1954, it still has many magnificent pieces of architectures, statues and antiques that remind of the French influence on the place. Since Pondicherry is accessible from nearby metropolises such as Bangalore and Chennai, many people visit the place on weekends in order to take in the unique ambiance; away from the hustle and bustle of big cities.
The Union Territory of Puducherry (formerly referred to as Pondicherry) is made up of four coastal regions – Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahé and Yanam. Puducherry, Karaikal and Yanam are located on the East Coasts whereas Mahe on the West Coast. . Pondicherry is hot and humid throughout the year. However, the best time to visit Pondicherry is from October to March.
- Consuming alcohol and smoking is prohibited in most of the hotels here.
- All foreign visitors who arrive at Pondicherry are required to carry a passport valid at least for the next 6 months
- Auroville and Sri Aurobindo Ashram are must visit places.
- Pondicherry is hot and humid throughout the year, so carry light cotton clothes.
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.