Looking for best time to visit Ooty?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Ooty is from October till June.
Ooty, also known as Udhagamandalam, is one amongst the most famous hill stations of southern India. Ooty, often dubbed as the ‘Queen of Hills’, is located in the western ghats of Nilgiri (Blue Mountains) Hills. Ooty stands at an approximate height of 7,500 feet (2, 286 m) above sea level. The landscape comprises of tea gardens, eucalyptus trees and other spice plantations.
Ooty is acclaimed for its natural beauty, scenic locations and mystic surroundings. One amongst its attractions is the Toy train that runs between Metupalaiyam to Udagamandalam (Ooty), via Coonoor, in the Nilgiri Hills. The track is 46 kilometers (28.5 miles) long, and passes over 26 viaducts, and through 16 tunnels and tall girder bridges. The interesting fact is that it was completed in the year 1899, 45 years after the the 1st plan was drawn.
Although, Ooty is pleasant throughout the year. You can plan a visit to this fabulous tourist destination anytime of the year. However, the best time to visit Ooty is from the month of October untill June end. After June the monsoon might not allow you to take full advantage of your holiday. So, October to June is the best time to make the most out of your holiday trip to this divine place called Ooty.
- Don’t forget to pick local spices, tea and eucalyptus oil.
- Go on long walks to enjoy weather and locals.
- Getting around on a motorcycle is one of the best ways explore the Nilgiris.
- Carry along mosquito repellents where ever you go.
- Visit a tea plantation and if possible a tea factory. You’ll be amazed to see the whole process. And if possible be amongst the tea pluckers.