Best Time to Visit Matheran
Looking for best time to visit Matheran?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Matheran is from September till May.
The picturesque hill station of Matheran near Pune is a must visit place while you are in Pune or Mumbai. The natural beauty and landscapes of the place are breathtaking and soothing. The unpolluted hill station where no vehicles are allowed is a place where you can sit back and relax for few days. The best thing about the hill station which is my favorite too is the “Toy Train”. The toy train of Matheran is one amongst the four historic Toy trains of India. The other three being in Shimla, Ooty and Darjeeling.
At Matheran, every place and each sight is worth a capture or a click. May be that’s why it is called “The Picturesque Hill Station of Matheran”. Matheran is situated at a height of 2,625 feet above sea level and 120 km away from Pune. The air is fresh and pollution free as all the motor vehicles are banned here. So the place is explored by walking. A walk in the rain in monsoon season will be an experience of a lifetime. Other options are ponies and horses. A paradise for honeymooners and a perfect weekend getaway for Puneites and Mumbaikers
- Make sure you carry enough water and essential medicines.
- You’ll have to walk a lot here. Carry your sports shoes along. It’s easy to walk in them.
- Don’t miss the Horse ride which is the best part. However, a little expensive
- If you wish to buy some jute bags or slippers, try to bargain.
- Do not spoil the surroundings by littering around and throwing away your garbage.