Looking for best time to visit Mahabaleshwar ?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is from August till March.
Mahabaleshwar is located in Satara district of Maharashtra state. It is one of the most popular tourist destination and the largest hill station in the Sayadri range. Mahabaleshwar is located about 180 Km from Pune and over 220 Km from Mumbai. The hill station is situated at an elevation of 1,372 M above sea level. Mahabaleshwar is the highest hill station in Western India famous for pleasant weather, natural beauty and historical importance. The hill station used to have pleasant weather throughout the year. But with the massive construction taking place here, it is not advisable to visit this place in summers i.e. from April to end of July. However, the best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is from August till end of March.
According to popular epic- Mahabaleshwar is named after Lord Shiva, also named as Mahabali- enshrined at the Gokarna temple in the form of Shivlingam, which is known to the most sacred Joytirlingam among the existing twelve of them. The primary construction was build by King Singham of Deogiri, as per the historic records. Later on- British worked on this place and developed it as a Health Resort in 1928-29 for its pleasant weather and natural beauty. From the year 1834 – 1864 the British set up a jail here, of which the prisoners use do do farming and gardening in this place, and eventually became inhabitant of Mahabaleshwar after they were released.
- Mahabaleshwar is a hilly region, so if you are planning to drive yourself, be extra cautious and drive carefully
- Do stop by Mapro garden. You will find an array of fruit jams and jellys here. It is at times difficult to choose because of the variety.
- Adventure travellers can attend para gliding courses. Enquire about the operative season
- Boating in Venna lake is very enjoyable
- Wandering around Panchgani is a good experience